NVIDIA GeForce 334.89 WHQL Drivers Now Availableby Ian Cutress on February 21, 2014 5:43 PM EST
After the previous 332.21 WHQL drivers became a part of my 2014 test setup over a month ago, NVIDIA have quickly turned around a new set of WHQL drivers. Most of these directly impact the GPU titles I test with the GTX 770s, as well as provide support for the new GTX 750, GTX 750 Ti and GTX TITAN Black GPUs. Ryan reviewed the GTX 750 and GTX 750 Ti a few days ago, with them hitting the $120 and $150 price points, battling the R7 260X and R7 265 at those price points respectively.
Highlights of the new drivers include:
Performance Boosts for GTX 770/780/TITAN/780Ti
Up to 19% in F1 2013
Up to 18% in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 16% in Hitman Absolution
Up to 15% in Company of Heroes 2
Up to 10% in Assassin’s Creed 3
Up to 7% in BioShock Infinite
Up to 6% in Sniper Elite V2
Up to 5% in Total War: Rome 2
Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD – created profile
Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry – created profile
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut – created profile
The Crew – created profile
Supports GeForce ShadowPlay™ technology
Supports GeForce ShadowPlay™ Twitch Streaming
Supports NVIDIA GameStream™ technology
Shadow Warrior – rating now “Excellent”
The Stanley Parable – rated “Excellent”
Walking Dead 2 – rated “Good”
World Rally Championship 4 – rated “Good”
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – rated “Good”
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – rated “Fair”
The following issues have also been resolved:
- [Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut]: Low frame rate, frame drops, and stuttering occur in the game. FIXED
- [Half Life 2]: The games loses Ambient Occlusion momentarily while sprinting. FIXED
- [Google Chrome][3D Vision]: The browser opens in stereoscopic 3D anaglyph mode. FIXED
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 460]: There is no option, in the NVIDIA Control Panel, to enable SLI. FIXED
- [3-way SLI, Quad SLI][ShadowPlay 220.127.116.11]: NVIDIA ShadowPlay causes certain games to crash or lock up the system when launched. FIXED
- [Notebook][GeForce GT 730A][Rome 2: Total War]: The game does not run on the NVIDIA GPU. FIXED
- [Notebook][GeForce 9600M (GT)]: The LCD brightness cannot be adjusted. FIXED
- [3DTV][Notebook]: Full-screen 3D content may flicker when the external 3DTV is set as the primary display in extended mode and a Windows Store App is running in the background. FIXED
- [3DTV Play][Notebook]: For some of 3D Aegis DT displays with HDMI connectors, there was corruption in one eye for DirectX 9 applications or when running the 3D Stereo Setup Wizard. FIXED
- [War Thunder]: Displays flicker at the menu screen. FIXED
- [Call Of Duty: Ghosts]: “D3D device hung” errors occur when playing multi-player. FIXED
- [SLI][Fermi-based GPUs][Call of Duty: Ghosts]: Game models fail to render and the gun scope is transparent if SLI is enabled. FIXED
- [SLI]: System crashes while booting with a 144Hz refresh rate display connected. FIXED
- [SLI][Surround]: The maximum Surround resolution is reduced to 4320 x 900. FIXED
- [SLI][Final Fantasy XIV]: The game frame rate drops when switching from 4K@30 Hz to 4k@60 Hz with multi-stream transport (MST) enabled. FIXED
NVIDIA’s latest drivers can be downloaded here for Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 64-bit, or the download page is found here.
Post Your CommentPlease log in or sign up to comment.
View All Comments
mike55 - Friday, February 21, 2014 - linkI'm still using drivers that are a year old on my GTX 460. All newer drivers seem to hang a lot when waking from sleep and in Chrome. Even these drivers (314.22) sometimes hang when awaking my computer from sleep. The last revision (332.21) said it fixed browser crashes and freezes for Fermi GPUs, but it didn't for me.
eanazag - Friday, February 21, 2014 - linkYou're about due for a 200 series AMD card.
JETninja - Friday, February 21, 2014 - linkI don't have that issue with my EVGA Superclock GTX460....I always upgrade the drivers, works great. And I only use Chrome on all my home PC's...
ahmedz_1991 - Saturday, February 22, 2014 - linkyou should report the issue to nvidia and attach a log. They are quick fixers !
mike55 - Saturday, February 22, 2014 - linkNvidia has known about it for quite some time. There's a huge topic on their forums with over 1,400 posts. I'm going to try the new drivers just for the heck of it.
synce - Monday, February 24, 2014 - linkSame issue here with Firefox crashes. My next GPU will be AMD.
yannigr - Friday, February 21, 2014 - linkI tried them a few days ago and they break 3D in Bluestacks with a GT620. I haven't realized that ADW's background was 3D. I did when I got a black background with that driver. In other 3D applications like games or Antutu the result is a solid color screen. I had to gone back to previous drivers.
I guess Nvidia didn't liked the partnership between AMD and Bluestacks.
aggiechase37 - Friday, February 21, 2014 - linkI tried to install this and for some reason the PhysX says that it failed. No clue why. All firmware upgrades have gone through before, but this one, I've tried 4 times, twice as a clean install. Is anyone else experiencing this?
baal80 - Saturday, February 22, 2014 - linkWith these drivers I've started receiving "Your NVIDIA card stopped responding and was recovered" in Skyrim. After rolling back to previous drivers - no problems so I'm sticking with the previous ones for now.
btb - Sunday, February 23, 2014 - linkBummer, I had those same problems like 6 months back when I updated to another nvidia driver. Really annoying. Guess I wont be upgrading to this one either. Its weird they can get WHQL logo on these buggy drivers.